A big thanks to Emma for nominating my new blog for The Liebster Award.
When you are given The Liebster Award, you, in turn, pass it on to 11 blogs you enjoy (either new blogs or blogs with less than 200 followers) after posting 11 facts about yourself, answering 11 questions from the person who nominated you, and asking the blogs you wish to nominate 11 questions.
Here goes: –
11 facts about me
1. I never watch the news or read newspapers. The world inside my head is much nicer than the one outside.
2. I regularly make my own chocolate (the healthy kind).
3. I used to want to marry Noel Edmonds (hey, I was only 10).
4. I am lucky enough to have the awesome Louise Walters as my Mentor through The WoMentoring Project.
5. I am learning to play the piano and guitar.
6. I love to laugh and try to find humour in everything.
7. I eloped to Gretna Green last year without telling anyone (oh, my future husband knew).
8. I love animals.
9. I rarely watch TV but love a good movie.
10. I am never without a book.
11. My singing voice is so bad my children beg me to stop! (Hey I enjoy it).
Emma’s 11 questions to answer
1. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
The only thing in life we can control is our attention, where we put it and how we choose to react to situations. It’s why I now teach Mindfulness.
2. Who is the first person you pick up the phone to when you need to talk?
My husband, I am lucky enough to have married my best friend.
3. Plane, train, or automobile – what is your favourite way to travel?
It always was my own 2 feet but after being left with a disability a few years ago I am grateful to go anywhere, by any means!
4. What is your favourite quote?
It will be ok in the end, if it’s not ok, it’s not the end.
5. City or Country?
Definitely country. I moved to a town from a village when I got married and miss the open spaces.
6. What book would you take with you to a desert island?
Probably one called “How to survive on a desert island”.
7. What superhero would you be and why?
Probably catwoman (because she looks hot).
8. What is your favourite decade and why?
The 80’s. Full of gigs and fun.
9. What one thing would you do to change the world?
Teach meditation to everyone, if we all experienced inner peace the world would be a far nicer place to be.
10. What would you save if your house was on fire?
11. What makes you laugh, what makes you cry?
My children make me laugh every single day. People being unkind to others make me cry. And onions.
11 bloggers I nominate
1. Learning to Fly
2. Adam Icke
4. A brave new week
5. Fictions in Flashes
6. Book Nanny
7. The Spontaneity Review
8. Jeremy’s Daily Challenge
9. Up from the Ashes
10. A web of short stories
11. Gin and books
11 questions for nominated bloggers to answer if they wish to participate
1. If you could add one thing to the school curriculum what would it be?
2. Do you write in silence or to music?
3. What is your earliest memory?
4. Do you have a pet?
5. What one piece of advice do you love to share?
6. Name something you haven’t achieved yet but would like to.
7. What’s your favourite movie?
8. Do you have a blogging schedule?
9. What’s your favourite smell?
10. Which genre of books do you prefer?
11. Name something (or someone) that makes you smile.